With the rising international concern over COVID-19, The Valley Concert Society would
like to share with you the measures that are being taken to ensure that everyone is able to
safely enjoy the concert with the Manhattan Chamber Players on Friday, March 13.
We are guided by evidence-based information from such sources as the following:
BC Centre for Disease Control
Health Link BC
Public Health Agency of Canada
World Health Organization
While drastic actions and cancellations of events that involve many travellers have been
taken in some parts of the world, there is yet no indication of community transmission in
our region. Until that changes, we plan to continue with our programming as scheduled.
The Valley Concert Society is collaborating with The City of Abbotsford and the staff of
the Matsqui Centennial Auditorium to ensure that all our concertgoers can enjoy a safe
and healthy environment. We are implementing these precautions:
• Asking people who are presenting with any symptoms to stay home. Reported signs
and symptoms include fever, coughing, difficulty breathing.
• Supplying the lobby and hallways with hand sanitizers.
• Sanitizing frequently used surfaces such as door handles, arm rests, etc.
• Making certain that society and facility personnel and volunteers observe these
protocols and practice safe ways of interacting with audience members.
Should you decide not to attend this concert in this unusual circumstance, we offer these
• Those who have purchased a ticket to this concert may exchange their unused ticket
for a ticket to the concert on Friday, May 1.
• Subscribers may take a friend to the concert on Friday, May 1, by exchanging their
• Please call 604-289-3377 to take advantage of these choices.
We will communicate any changes to this information as it arises and post them on the
On behalf of The Valley Concert Society, I hope that you remain healthy. We are grateful
for your patronage and support and hope to see you at our two remaining concerts in this
The Valley Concert Society